SAFE SLINGING AND RIGGING PRACTICES ONLINE SEMINAR
OVERVIEW OF ONLINE CONTENT:
This is a Rigging and Slinging course regarding Crane Safe that covers proper techniques and practices to sling and rig loads. It is in accordiance with Canadian Standards Association Z150-98. (CSA) This applies across Canada and is equivalent to ANSI and ASME standards for rigging and slinging.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS ELEARNING PROGRAM:
Specific workers operating or working near Cranes or need to know the proper safe slinging and rigging practices will benefit.
TOPICS OF THE PROGRAM:
- Pre-lift hazard assessments to be conducted
- Owner, operator and supervisory responsibilities and rules
- Construction requirements of wire rope
- Safe working load limits and safety factors to calculate
- Sling and rope inspections to be performed
- Installation procedures for the Hoist line
- Many types of rigging hitches
- Determining the configurations, types and sizesof slings and use of sling capacity charts
- Calculating the D/d rations
- The Centre of gravity for a sling
- Rigging hardware to be used
- Crane and hoist signals and their meanings
COST OF PROGRAM:
3 hours approximately
Successful completion is achieved after finishing this online program. The requirement is an 80% pass rate. The course can be completed twice when the mark is not achieved.
A certificate of completion is available to print for your records and can be downloaded.
Testing is conducted throughout the elearning program to reinforce the information presented.
To buy courses for multiple users, please contact us.