This professional Wilderness Awareness training course for industry and the general public has been designed by Safety Coordination services. Our diverse natural wildlife can present a hazard, whether you are recreational or working in nature. Hazards can come from bears and cougars, to ticks and wasps. Our online training program provides comprehensive and engaging strategies. This helps to avoid wildlife encounters, and teaches you what to do if you are threatened or attacked.
By the end of this course you will develop strategies regarding:
- Recognition of the signs of Bear and Cougar activity.
- Avoidance and deterrence strategies amongst wildlife.
- How to avoid attracting wildlife into your worksite or campsite.
- Wildlife Deterrents: The proper selection and use.
This online Wilderness Awareness course covers the following topics:
- Bears, their activity, behavior and identification of species
- Human-Wildlife Conflicts and your Response to Bear Encounters.
- Non-Lethaland Less-Lethal Deterrents
- Overlooked WildernessHazards.
- Mice and Rodents.
- Insects and Spiders.
About 1 hour
PASS MARK. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. You are allowed three times in efforts to achieve the certificate. Printable resources are available in the form of a comprehensive student manual.
Once you receive a successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available. It can be downloaded and printed.