Since 1988, WHMIS has protected Canadian workers from hazardous chemical products with a chemical hazard system. Legislation in Canada has ensured that they have the information and training needed to work safely around chemical hazards. In 2015, Canada amended WHMIS to include the Globally Harmonized System (GHS). This new program is known as WHMIS 2015 (GHS).
The objective is to gain the knowledge about of controlled products in the workplace and their safe handling practices that apply.
This online WHMIS 2015 Certification course covers the following topics:
- WHMIS 2015 responsibilities for employers, supervisors, and workers that are legislated
- WHMIS 2015 education and training
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) to wear
- Controlled product classes, categories, and pictograms used
- Routes of exposure -inject,ingest,inhale,absorb
- Health effects due to exposure
- Supplier and workplace labelling
- Transferring controlled products to new containers and how exposure can occur
- The sections of a safety data sheet (SDS)
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
About one hour
A mark of 80% must be achieved . Participants have three times to take the exam.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Once passed, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.