This online WHMIS 2015 and TDG course package covers 2 programs for chemical safety : The key elements of WHMIS 2015 and 1988, and the regulations governing the transportation of dangerous goods within Canada’s roads.
The WHMIS 2015 (GHS) , including WHMIS symbols and pictograms, supplier and workplace labels, material safety data sheets, safety data sheets, and worker training and education. You will gain an understanding should be gained of what WHMIS is, WHMIS responsibilities, key components of both versions of WHMIS, the hazards WHMIS protects workers from, WHMIS 1988 symbols, WHMIS 2015 pictograms, WHMIS 2015 hazard classifications, supplier and workplace labels for both versions of WHMIS, and material safety data sheets (MSDS)and safety data sheets (SDS).
The Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) course notes crucial information pertaining to the legal transportation of dangerous goods on Canadian roadways. Participants will learn the regulations governing the transportation of dangerous goods in Canada; t 9 classifications of dangerous goods; the placards, labels, and TDG symbols required on vehicles and containers; documentation when transporting dangerous goods; and appropriate emergency response in the event of an accidental product release or spill.
- What is WHMIS? Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- WHMIS responsibilities – employer, employee, supplier
- Components of WHMIS System
- How hazardous products enter the body- routes of entry
- Classes of hazardous products for WHMIS
- WHMIS 1988 symbols
- WHMIS 2015 hazard groups and classes
- WHMIS 2015 pictograms
- Supplier and workplace labels and how to design them
- Consumer labelling
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- Emergency Actions for spills and releases
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Online Course Topics
- The requirements for TDG training and certification
- Packaging and vessel requirements
- TDG documentation
- The ERAP (Emergency Response Assistance Plans)
- Reporting requirements for spills
- Containers for TDG
- TDG schedules to follow
- Dangerous goods classification (9)
- Packing groups
- Shipping names
- Compatibility groups
- Placards and UN numbers for transport
- Labelling requirements
- Safety marking
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 4.5 hours for 2 courses
- WHMIS 2015 (GHS) : Approximately one hour
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG): About 3.5 hours
80% pass mark must be achieved with 3 times to take the exam. Testing conducted in this online course is reinforces the material presented
This course was created using standards that will allow playback. This includes on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities such as Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, and Android operating systems.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
A certificate can be downloaded and printed once certified.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices. If they have standard web browsing capabilities they can be used including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets. This also includes those with Android and Windows operating systems.