Working around known sources of silica dust presents dangers to your health. To protect yourself, specific personal protective equipment, best practices, and strategies must be used. This course walks you through these requirements for respirable silica.
Information relating to respirable silica will be presented in four chapters:
COURSE TOPICS OF THE RESPIRABLE SILICA BEST PRACTICES ONLINE SAFETY COURSE
In this online Silica program, they discuss the means to develop disease of the respiratory system and various methods, controls, and equipment used to protect yourself against this exposure . These Crystallline Silica dust particles are some of the most dangerous inhalation hazardsin the workplace and are legislated as a result. By the end of this course, the students should learn :
- Define silica and locations where respirable versions of this mineral may be found
- Recognize the acute and chronic health impacts of exposure to these particles
- Identify controls such as engineering and administrative to protect you against respirable silica dust
- Understand what PPE is required so that it is not inhaled.
- Explain rescue and first aid procedures in the event of over exposure
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
About 40 minutes online
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate. You have 2 opportunities to pass.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
This program can download and print a certificate after successful completion.