OCCUPATIONAL DISEASE ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This Occupational Disease course is intended to assist participants with understanding the risks associated with a variety of different workplace exposures. It will look at a number of different occupations such as Firefighters, Equipment Operators, Labourers, etc. After completing this course, the participant will have an understanding of the causes of the most common occupational diseases and the various methods employed to define and minimize those risks.
I-CAB Recognized Course
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessments.
OCCUPATIONAL DISEASE COURSE TOPICS
This online Occupational Disease course covers the following topics:
- History of occupational disease
- Common types of occupational disease
- Purpose and importance of occupational hygiene
- Causes and classification of occupational diseases
- Common routes of entry into the body for contaminants
- Roles and responsibilities associated with controlling occupational diseases
- Hierarchy of controls for workplace contaminants
- Reporting occupational diseases
- Managing occupational diseases
OCCUPATIONAL DISEASE ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 150 minutes.
OCCUPATIONAL DISEASE ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. This certificate is valid for 5 years from the date of completion printed on the certificate unless otherwise specified by an employer, legislation, or other authority.