LOCKOUT/TAGOUT: PUT A LOCK ON HAZARDOUS ENERGY COURSE OVERVIEW
OSHA’s (USA) Control of Hazardous Energy standard (29 CFR 1910.147) mandates training, inspections, and recordkeeping. This will ensure that workers will not be injured by unexpected start-up or release of energy from a machine. This could also occur from a piece of equipment during service or maintenance.
Whatever your role in lockout/tagout, you need to understand the reasons for lockout/tagout and know the established procedures to conduct it.. Lockout/Tagout: Put a Lock on Hazardous Energy is designed to raise your awareness. It outlines the importance of lockout/tagout and teaches you when and how to follow the procedures every time they’re needed.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify sources of hazardous energy
- Explain how to perform lockout and tagout procedures
- Use a group lockout device safely
- Describe the three different types of employees recognized in a lockout or tagout program
- Distinguish lockout from tagout
- Recognize exceptions to lockout and tagout requirements
LOCKOUT/TAGOUT: PUT A LOCK ON HAZARDOUS ENERGY COURSE TOPICS:
- Control of Energy
- Hazardous Energy
- How Accidents Happen at work
- OSHA Regulations (USA)
- Who is Involved in energy control
- Lockout Basics
- When to Use the Procedure
- Steps: Apply the Lockout
- Steps: Remove the Lockout
- Lock Requirements
- Tagout Basics
- Definition of Tagout
- When to Use Procedure
- Steps: Apply Tagout system
- Steps: Remove the Tagout
- Tag Requirements
- Special Cases
- Group Lockout & Group Tagout
- When an Authorized Person is Unavailable
- Shift Change
- Vehicle Lockout/Tagout
- Exceptions to the cases
LOCKOUT/TAGOUT: PUT A LOCK ON HAZARDOUS ENERGY COURSE DURATION:
About 60 minutes
LOCKOUT/TAGOUT: PUT A LOCK ON HAZARDOUS ENERGY TESTING:
Testing conducted in this online Lockout/Tagout: Put a Lock on Hazardous Energy course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
LOCKOUT/TAGOUT: PUT A LOCK ON HAZARDOUS ENERGY CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.