LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This leadership fundamentals online course will teach you how to identify key characteristics of leaders, build trust and confidence with employees, and avoid behaviours that undermine leadership. After you’ve completed this course, you should also be able to:
- Promote teamwork and esprit de corps
- Act decisively
- Demonstrate leadership in a crisis
- Communicate effectively
LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Characteristics of effective leaders
- Behaviours that undermine leadership
- The impact of leadership
- Leadership in a crisis
- Case studies
LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 60 minutes
LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS ASSESSMENT:
Testing conducted in this course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.
LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS COURSE PREVIEW:
• Leadership is about establishing circumstances in which people can perform. It is about connections and the complexities of human interaction.
• It doesn’t matter what you’re doing; if a group of people is attempting to attain a goal, leadership will be required.
• Leadership is both an art and a science.
• It is an art in that certain aspects might be difficult to teach. A person who cannot prioritise others will never be a genuinely effective leader.
• It is a art in the sense that it is cultivated via seeing, doing, and learning. The more you do it, the better you will get at it.
• It is a science because it follows rules. Relationships and people have an impact on leadership.
Behavioral science and psychology have improved our knowledge of how individuals act. If the proper approaches are used, Leaders will improve as they are motivated by success and trained.
• What all successful leaders have in common is that they never stop learning.
• They continue to fine-tune their approach, adapting it to the situation and positions they find themselves in.