Introduction to biosecurity on Farms
Each time you visit a farm, contaminants can be spread that are detrimentals to crops and livestock. Therefore it is important to stress the biosecurity hazards that can happen quickly. These contaminants can spread from one farm to another and can place the entire farm at risk for significant financial cost.
This courseputs special emphasis on the biosecurity protocols of pork handling. It will help you assess the hazards and avoidance procedures for biosecurity. Since most of the risks are invisible, one must treat the farm you enter like a work zone, not a petting zoo. In fact, it is preferable to avoid them unless necessary to enter. One must respect the proper protocols that are in place. When in doubt about avoidance procedures for spreading contaminants ask the farmer.
- Requirements to conduct before, while, and after working on a farm
- Following farm policies and rules
- Recognizing hazards on the farm
- Contact with chemicals
- Dealing with Garbage and debris
- Avoiding animals on the farm
- Protocols regarding Equipment/clothing/body/vehicle
- Manure and mud contamination
- Avoiding animal feed areas
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
About 60 minutes
Pass mark of 80% is required to receive your certification.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Certificate of completion can be downloaded after passing.