SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR (IATA) ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This is an entry level course designed for the beginner or anyone new to the regulations related to shipping dangerous goods by air. This course is also relevant to any individuals responsible for shipping dangerous goods (packaging goods and preparing shipping documentation).
THE IATA DANGEROUS GOODS REGULATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THIS TRAINING.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR (IATA) ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
- Overview of the federal and international regulations (ICAO/IATA)
- Use of the IATA book
- Operator and state variations
- Classification of dangerous goods according to IATA (ICAO)
- Using the dangerous goods list
- General packaging requirements
- UN specification packaging
- Selecting a packing instruction
- Understanding packaging instructions for cargo or passenger aircraft
- Marking and labelling
- Shipping documents
- Overview of placard requirements
- Segregation of dangerous goods
- Accidental releases and reporting
- Limitations and exceptions
- Security awareness
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR (IATA) ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 4 hours
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR (IATA) ONLINE TEST:
Testing conducted in this online Shipping Dangerous Goods by Air course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. You are able to repeat the course four times if the pass mark is not achieved.
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR (IATA) ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print. This certificate is valid for two years based on IATA/ICAO regulations.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.