This Safety Bundle has 2 parts. Part 1 describes hydrogen sulfide (known as H2S) and emphasizes the critical rules of H2S safety. Any worker who has the potential to be exposed to H2S at or above the Threshold Limit Value of 10 parts per million in an 8 hour workday must receive this training prior to working in that environment and on an annual basis thereafter(depending on the jurisdiction) Part 2 of this two-part course identifies how you can do gas detection, monitoring and protect yourself from hydrogen sulfide (H2S). This online course also addresses H2S contingency and emergency response plans.
This online Hydrogen Sulfide Safety (Bundle) course covers the following topics:
- Toxicity- Acute and Chronic
- Properties and Exposure to humans
- Physical Effects of H2S
- Gas Detection
- Respirators SCBA and SABA
- Emergencies Response strategies
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Properties and characteristics of hydrogen sulfide
- Exposure limits and toxic levels of hydrogen sulfide
- Hydrogen sulfide detection and protection
- Safe hydrogen sulfide work procedures
- Effects of hydrogen sulfide exposure
- Contingency and emergency response plans for hydrogen sulfide release
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 60 minutes
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark. Printable resources are available in the form of a comprehensive student manual. The manual is a valuable resource for future use and knowledge retention.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.