Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety
This lesson covers how to correctly apply hazard recognition principles to h2s. It outlines safety practices when working around and handling hydrogen sulfide gas in the workplace.
After successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of describing:
- The 6 physical properties of hydrogen sulfide
- How H2S is created, where it occurs in industry, and the industries in which it is used
- Methods used to detect, monitor and warn of hydrogen sulfide such as gas monitors and alarms
- The physical and health hazards of hydrogen sulfide to personnel
- The appropriate ERAP responses to hydrogen sulfide exposures and emergencies
- What is Hydrogen Sulfide Gas?
- 6 Physical Properties of Hydrogen Sulfide
- Hydrogen Sulfide in the Workplace and locations
- Exposure and Heath Hazards to workers
- Detection and Controls in hierarchy
- Hydrogen Sulfide and Confined Space entry
- Emergency Response ERAP
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
About 10 minutes
80% pass mark with the ability to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Testing is done throughout the program to reinforce learning.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Once done, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. 80% mark required.