First responders at the awareness level are likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release. They have been trained to initiate an emergency response sequence by notifying the proper authorities of the release. They take no further action beyond notifying the authorities of the release. Awareness-level responders need to know exactly what their roles are, including the tasks they are expected to perform and the limitations to which they they must adhere. Awareness-level responders should be familiar with their organization’s Emergency Response Plan and how to activate it.
This online HAZWOPER: Emergency Response Planning course focuses on what an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) is, the steps involved in an emergency response, employee roles in a response to a hazardous substance emergency release, and internal and external communications during an emergency.
After completing this course, users should have an understanding of:
- When and how to initiate an ERP
- The elements of an ERP, including the importance of each element
- The steps involved in an emergency response operation
- The key roles and responsibilities of employees involved in an emergency response to a hazardous substance release
- The many ways to communicate both internally and externally during an emergency response
This online HAZWOPER: Emergency Response Planning course covers the following topics:
- Recognizing an Emergency Release
- Understanding Incidental vs. Emergency Response Releases
- Planning for an Emergency
- Knowing what an Emergency Action Plan is
- Knowing what an Emergency Response Plan is
- Knowing the elements of an ERP
- Understanding an Incident Command System
- Identifying Emergency Response Personnel
- Identifying the HAZMAT Team
- Communicating During Emergencies
- Understanding Effective Communication
- Differentiating Internal and External Communication
Approximately 60 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved to pass this course. The course can be taken three times to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, users can download and print a certificate of completion.