HAZMAT: THE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TABLE COURSE OVERVIEW
This course is designed specifically for hazmat employees – that is, anyone who is employed by a hazmat employer and directly affects hazmat transportation safety. This course helps satisfy the function-specific training requirements regarding the hazardous materials table.
Prerequisites: Hazmat: The Hazardous Materials Table assumes the learner has Hazmat General Awareness, Security Awareness, and Safety knowledge already gained from experience or successful completion of appropriate training. Specifically, the learner must be able to identify the required training all hazmat employees must receive, determine if a material is a hazmat and verify its hazard classification using the Hazardous Materials Regulations, recognize and identify hazmat through the use of shipping papers, markings, labels, and placards, recognize potential hazmat security threats and ways to reduce them, identify suspicious behaviors and describe how to report suspicious activity, describe ways to stay safe while working around hazmat, and discuss where to find emergency response information and how to respond to an emergency.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain what the hazmat table is and why it is important in the hazmat transportation process
- Navigate the hazmat table to verify information regarding hazardous materials
HAZMAT: THE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TABLE COURSE TOPICS:
- Intro to the Hazmat Table
- Column 1: Symbols
- Column 2: Hazardous Materials Descriptions & Proper Shipping Names
- Column 3: Hazard Class or Division
- Column 4: Identification Numbers
- Column 5: PG (Packing Groups)
- Column 6: Label Codes
- Column 7: Special Provisions
- Column 8: Packaging
- Column 9: Quantity Limitations
- Column 10: Vessel Stowage
- Appendix A: List of Hazardous Substances & Reportable Quantities
- Appendix B: List of Marine Pollutants
HAZMAT: THE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TABLE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 20 minutes
HAZMAT: THE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TABLE TESTING:
Testing conducted in this online Hazmat: The Hazardous Materials Table course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
HAZMAT: THE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TABLE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.