When a hazardous spill (or release) occurs, a prompt and appropriate response is important for the health and safety of everyone and everything involved. A delayed or improper response can result in damage, illness and injury, and in some cases, create life-threatening situations. This course is designed to help you better understand the potential effects hazardous spills can have on your health and safety, the environment and your organization. It will also cover the initial steps you need to take if a hazardous spill occurs while at work.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- Describe hazardous substances and the harmful effects associated with them
- Explain the common causes of hazardous spills.
- Identify ways to prevent and plan for them
- List the steps an employee should take upon discovery of one at work
This online Hazardous Substances: Spill Discovery & Notification course covers the following topics:
- Hazardous Substances
- Health & Physical Hazards of Exposure
- Hazardous Spills
- Factors that Affect Severity
- Potential Consequences
- Prevention & Planning
- Discovery & Notifying Proper Personnel
Approximately 30 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved to pass this course. The course can be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, learners can download a certificate of completion that is also available for printing.