Hazard Communication US Online Course
Hazard Communication US Online Course Workers are exposed to hazardous chemical products every day; this poses serious problems for exposed workers and their employers. Hazard Communication (HazCom) training is designed to provide workers with the information they need to recognize and avoid hazardous chemicals.
This online Hazard Communication course is designed to provide an understanding of the HazCom Standard, the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and chemical labels.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- OSHA’s Hazard Communication (HazCom) standard and the GHS
- Physical and health hazards of chemicals
- What items are included in the hazardous chemical program
- How Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and warning labels are used in the workplace
This online Hazard Communication course covers the following topics:
- The OSHA hazcom standard
- Globally harmonized system of classification and labelling of chemicals (GHS)
- Hazard classifications
- Manufacturer and importer responsibilities
- Employer responsibilities
- Safety data sheets (SDSs) and labels
Approximately 45 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.