Labels keep us in the know all the time. Labels inform our diet decisions, ensure we take the right medicines in the right amounts, and keep us safe at heights and in tight spaces. The purpose of the GHS is to increase the quality and consistency of information provided to workers, employers and chemical users by adopting a standardized approach to hazard classification, labels and Safety Data Sheets.
This online Hazard Communication – Labels course is designed to provide an understanding of the basic elements of a label under the GHS and the basic elements to acquire information about a labeled hazardous substance.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- The basic elements of a label under the GHS
- The basic elements to acquire information about a labeled hazardous substance
- The labeling precedence scheme when multiple hazards are present
- Upcoming dates for compliance with GHS labeling requirements
This online Hazard Communication – Labels course covers the following topics:
- Purpose of GHS
- Changes to label elements
- Learning activity: labels
- Learning activity: label elements
- Labeling updates
- Workplace labeling
- Multiple hazards
- Learning activity: multiple hazards
- Important dates
Approximately 60 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.