HARASSMENT & RETALIATION PREVENTION FOR EMPLOYEES AND SUPERVISORS (U.S.) – CONSTRUCTION ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online Harassment & Retaliation Prevention for Employees and Supervisors (U.S.)-Construction course is an engaging, high impact, edutainment-style course for employees and supervisors (except for supervisors subject to 2-hour state training requirements) that covers all types of unlawful harassment and retaliation. It includes practical, easily understood explanations of employee complaint procedures and supervisor responsibilities and features a high-powered attorney, dynamic facilitators, and professional actors. It also includes a realistic, issue-rich, live action scene taking place in a construction workplace for learners to assess and apply their knowledge.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessments.
HARASSMENT & RETALIATION PREVENTION FOR EMPLOYEES AND SUPERVISORS (U.S.) – CONSTRUCTION ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
- Definitions and examples:
- Harassment, including quid pro quo, hostile environments, and physical, verbal, and visual harassment
- State and Federal laws
- Protected categories
- Consequences of discrimination and harassment
- Supervisory responsibilities and liability:
- Knew or should have known
- Immediate and appropriate action
- Employee complaint procedure
- Bystander reporting
- Intent vs. impact
- Reasonable person standard
- Workplace romance; favoritism
- Consenting vs. welcome
- Power abuse and intimidation
- 3rd-party non-employees (e.g. contractors, clients, vendors, and temps)
- Off-site work-related activities
- Cross cultural conflict
- Gender identity/expression and sexual orientation
- Potential for violence
- Social media and technology
- Workplace bullying
- The importance of documentation
- Personal liability
HARASSMENT & RETALIATION PREVENTION FOR EMPLOYEES AND SUPERVISORS (U.S.) – CONSTRUCTION ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 60 minutes
HARASSMENT & RETALIATION PREVENTION FOR EMPLOYEES AND SUPERVISORS (U.S.) – CONSTRUCTION PASS MARK
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
HARASSMENT & RETALIATION PREVENTION FOR EMPLOYEES AND SUPERVISORS (U.S.) – CONSTRUCTION CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.