H2S Certification – Hydrogen Sulfide Training
Together, H2S and S02 (Sulphur Dioxide) are two dangerous gases found across a wide spectrum of industries. While most workers are equipped for typical workplace hazards, basic PPE cannot save you from exposure to toxic and corrosive gases. There are no cures this type of gasexposure—only knowledge, training, and certification can save your life. The good news is that the dangers of these sulfide gases can be eliminated or mitigated through proper training, detection, and workplace controls. In this course, we’ll note the methods, controls, and equipment used when encounters with dangerous gases occur in the workplace. This online H2S and SO2 certification course informs you on the dangers of these gases and what prevention, detection, PPE and respiratory equipment, and emergency response strategies should be used in the event of exposure.
Note: This course does not satisfy the requirements for H2S Alive or H2S Alive Blended
This course is presented in six chapters:
- Chapter 1: Characteristics and Hazards of H2S
- Chapter 2: Prevention of Exposure to gases
- Chapter 3: Gas Detection Devices
- Chapter 4: Respiratory Protective Equipment-SCBA, SABA
- Chapter 5: Emergency Response Strategies at work
- Chapter 6: A Summary of SO2- Sulphur Dioxide
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define H2S and SO2
- Recognize the health impacts of exposure to these gases
- Explain emergency response procedures in the event of exposure
- Identify engineering and administrative controls used to prevent exposure to harmful gases
- Understand how detection equipment works
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
About 60 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion for this online H2S and SO2 Awareness course. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.