GHS and WHMIS 2015 Online Course OVERVIEW
This GHS and WHMIS 2015 Online Course is designed to fulfil the training for both the Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and the new Globally Harmonized System (GHS) training requirements. The course explains the old Workplace Hazardous Material Information System information, as well as how GHS will change WHMIS and what the new requirements are. After completing this comprehensive course, an understanding should be gained of the relationship between the WHMIS and GHS systems, occupational health and safety laws, the purpose of WHMIS and GHS, core features of both systems, responsibilities of employers, employees, and product suppliers, how to control chemical hazards, and system related documentation and labelling.
GHS AND WHMIS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
This online GHS and WHMIS course covers the following topics:
- The history of WHMIS and GHS
- Health and safety statistics
- Occupational health and safety legislation
- Industrial hygiene and how it relates to GHS
- Why we use WHMIS and the GHS systems
- Harmful substance routes of entry
- An overview of the WHMIS and GHS systems
- WHMIS and GHS symbols
- Workplace labels
- Material Safety Data Sheets and Safety Data Sheets
- Requirements for worker education
- Responsibilities of employers, employees, and suppliers
- WHMIS at home
- Controlling chemical hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety Data Sheet questions
- Glossary of terms
GHS AND WHMIS ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 60 minutes
GHS AND WHMIS ONLINE ASSESSMENT
Testing conducted in this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
GHS AND WHMIS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. This certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of completion printed on the certificate unless otherwise specified by an employer, legislation, or other authority.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smartphones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.