The Driver Training Series is a collection of training programs which emphasize the essential skills necessary for staying safe on the road. This series is appropriate for all levels of drivers, from the entry-level to the veteran driver. Fixed Object Collisions is designed to help drivers understand how to avoid an accident or incident involving their tractor-trailer and a fixed object. Specifically, it covers how to avoid contacting various obstructions while performing basic driving maneuvers.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- How to identify ground-level, eye-level, and overhead obstructions that have the potential to make contact with a truck
- How to avoid a fixed object collision, especially while driving, backing, or cornering.
This online Fixed Object Collisions: Driver Training Series course covers the following topics:
- Cause & effect of fixed object collisions
- Avoiding a fixed object collision
- Planning properly, avoiding fatigue, and backing only when necessary
Approximately 20 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved to pass this course. The course can be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, learners can download a certificate of completion that is also available for printing.