FIRE PREVENTION AND RESPONSE COURSE OVERVIEW
All employees should be aware of fire hazards that exist in their workplace and know what to do in case of a fire. This course is designed to help learners understand the basics of a fire, what to do to prevent them, and how to respond appropriately to a fire in the workplace.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the fire tetrahedron and how fires start and spread
- Discuss the dangers of fire and why rapid fire evacuation is critical
- Identify housekeeping processes and safe materials handling procedures that can help prevent fires
- Explain the OSHA requirements regarding emergency action planning, fire prevention plans, and evacuations in the event of a serious fire
- Discuss the basic steps to take during an evacuation
FIRE PREVENTION AND RESPONSE COURSE TOPICS:
- Components of a Fire
- Fire Dangers
- Safe Handling of Materials with Greater Risk of Fire
- Intro to Fire Response
- Emergency Action Plans
- Evacuation Procedures
FIRE PREVENTION AND RESPONSE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 45 minutes
FIRE PREVENTION AND RESPONSE TESTING:
Testing conducted in this online Fire Prevention and Response course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
FIRE PREVENTION AND RESPONSE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.