Falls are one of the most common causes of workplace injuries and deaths. Recently, the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicated slips, trips, and falls account for more than 300,000 nonfatal injuries and 800 fatal work injuries in one year.
This online Fall Protection for General Industry course is designed to help learners understand OSHA fall protection requirements under the Walking-Working Surfaces rule.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain how injuries by falling occur
- Describe ways to eliminate and prevent fall hazards in the workplace
- Summarize employer requirements to protect workers from fall hazards
- Identify various forms of fall protection and scenarios when each would be appropriate
This online Fall Protection for General Industry course covers the following topics:
- Potential Hazards
- Employer Requirements
- What’s New with Fall Protection
- Guardrail Systems
- Ladder Safety Systems
- Safety Net Systems
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Choosing the Right Fall Protection
- Inspecting, Using and Storing Fall Protection
- Performing Maintenance
Approximately 20 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course can be taken three times to try to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.