Extreme weather driving includes every adverse weather condition that could cause a hazardous driving situation, such as rain, snow, ice, fog, or extremely cold or hot weather.
This online Extreme Driving Conditions course is designed to show drivers how to handle extreme weather conditions on the road so they can stay safe – rain, snow or shine.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- Key factors for driving safely in extreme weather
- How to drive on differing road surfaces
- Actions to take while driving in winter weather
- Speeds to drive in different extreme weather conditions
- Preparations necessary when driving in extremely hot weather
This online Extreme Driving Conditions course covers the following topics:
- Driving strategies for extreme conditions
- Wet or flooded road surfaces
- Winter weather driving
- Managing speed
- Factors affecting stopping distances
- Hot weather driving
- Pre-trip inspections and maintenance during extreme conditions
Approximately 30 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.