Some of the most critical hazards in the oil and gas industry are faced around and inside confined spaces. This course is offered online or in classroom, via the Authorized Training Provider (ATP) – Allstar Enviro Safety. It is an Energy Safety Canada certified program with a 3 year certificate. Students will learn to identify, evaluate and mitigate the potential hazards when working in both restricted and confined spaces.
This online program was developed using the Canadian Association of Oil and Gas Producers’ Code of Practice for Confined Space as well as the Canadian Standards Association’s Z1006-16 Management of Work in Confined Spaces.
Who should take this online course:
Personnel who may be responsible for the entry, planning and supervising of confined spaces. Those who may assist in administering workers who enter or are monitors near and into restricted or confined spaces.
AUTHORIZED TRAINING PROVIDER
Allstar Enviro Safety is an Authorized Training Provider in Calgary. Contact us at: 403 2141558 wk or
403 6195205 cell to obtain an access code to start and for instructions to get online. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $99 includes tax We take visa, mastercard or etransfer (to email@example.com) (no debit)
- Roles and responsibilities of workers, supervisors, managers and confined space monitors
- OH&S legislation (Occupational Health and Safety)
- Code of Practice and requirements for developing the code for confined spaces
- Restricted and confined spaces definition and Identification and classification of those spaces
- Requirements for working in or around restricted and confined spaces
- Hazard assessment of both restricted and confined spaces
- Entrant planning and work permitting
- Atmospheric testing of the space
- Various Signage and tagging
- Emergency response program and planning
Equipment Requirements for Confined Space Entry Monitor Online course
- An operating System for Windows or Apple which is current
- Supported web browser and a stable internet connection
- Web Camera. A head set is also recommended.
- Printer for the certificate to be printed
- A government-issued, picture ID (ie drivers licence)
- Two attempts at the final exam are allowed. Review the materials carefully if you do not pas the first time . Students can print off the certificate upon passing. 70% is required to pass.
A proctored exam is administered at the end of the online course.. Once a passing grade on the exam is acheived with a minimum score of 70%, a Certificate of Completion is available for printing. The certificate is valid for three years from Energy Safety Canada .
Duration: 4-6 hours is approximate
Classroom version is also offered: Call to book at 403 2141558 and to determine a schedule