This online Ergonomics: Office course is designed to assist employees in identifying ergonomic risks in their workplace and helping reduce their chances of experiencing ergonomics-related injuries while on-the-job.
After completing this course, users should have an understanding of:
- Explaining what ergonomics is and why it is important
- Discussing what types of activities may lead to pain or injury
- Recognizing signs and symptoms of MSDs and other ergonomics-related injuries
- Identifying ways to adjust your work environment to prevent injury
- Demonstrating ways to support your ergonomic health at work and at home
This online Ergonomics: Office course covers the following topics:
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) – What they are and how they develop
- Types of Injuries – To the eyes, neck, shoulders, elbow, wrist, finger, and back
- Factors that Cause Pain or Injury – Excessive force, repetitive movement, awkward postures, static postures, quick motions, compression or contact stress, and vibration
- Your Equipment – Desk, chair, monitor, keyboard, mouse, laptop, smartphone/tablet, document holder, wrist rest, foot rest, and lighting
- Your Work – Use any tools or engineering controls made available by your employer, break up tasks when you can, and add variety to tasks so your muscles and other soft tissues do not experience fatigue; Use any personal protective equipment required for your job; Use proper lifting techniques for anything you need to lift
- Your Body – Explanation proper posture/neutral position and why it is important in performing job tasks
- Job Safety Analysis – What it is and how can you contribute
- Moving Through the Work Day – Stretching, taking breaks, and changing positions
- Healthy Lifestyle – Exercise, staying hydrated, eating right, reducing stress, and getting enough sleep
- Reporting and Managing Injuries – When to report, who to report it to, and what to do when you are injured on-the-job
Approximately 30 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved to pass this course. The course can be taken three times to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, users can download and print a certificate of completion.