Electrical Safety Training System (ESTS) Electrical Worker Online Course OVERVIEW
ESTS Electrical Worker training is based on industry Standards and Regulation, providing documentation tools in support of the Employer’s overall Occupational Health & Safety Management System and an Electrical Safety Program. Employers are required to have an updated Electrical Safety Program based on industry Standards and Regulations for workers to receive the most benefit from this course.
Combined with educational best practices including Blume’s taxonomy of learning: allowing learners to learn through visual, audio and kinetic means. Heinrich’s Triangle of preventing Industrial Accidents is also utilized to interpret and manage risk.
Learners will find training content is comprehensive and detailed, using interactive elements to help the student learn the concepts of how to apply the training in the field. Training is delivered from a first-person perspective and focuses on worker and supervisor relations. Additional videos and a 3D Virtual Electrical Workplace is used to illustrate the concepts.
Our online electrical training course is CSA Z462-18 and CSA Z1001-18 compliant.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING SYSTEM (ESTS) ELECTRICAL WORKER 2018 COURSE TOPICS:
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the Regulations and Standards applicable to their role and responsibilities.
- Identify and understand electrical hazards and risk assessment.
- Effectively manage electrical hazards by following the Work Flow Process to safely execute energized electrical work.
- Complete an Arc Flash Risk Assessment and Shock Risk Assessment as part of an overall Risk Assessment Procedure (RAP).
- Apply preventive and protective control measures to reduce risk.
- Understand electrical incident emergency response and incident reporting requirements
Electrical Safety Training System (ESTS) Electrical Worker 2018 covers the following topics:
- Regulations, Consensus-based Standards and Best Practices
- Understanding Electricity in the Workplace
- Electrical Hazards: Understanding the Potential for Harm
- Risk Assessment Procedure
- Establishing an Electrically Safe Work Condition
- Engineering and Administrative Controls
- Electrical Specific PPE, Tools and Equipment
- Emergency Response, Incident Reporting and Program Maintenance
- Work Task Scenarios
- Final Exam
ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING SYSTEM (ESTS) ELECTRICAL WORKER 2018 COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 6 hours
ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING SYSTEM (ESTS) ELECTRICAL WORKER 2018 TEST:
Testing conducted in this online Electrical Safety Training System (ESTS) Electrical Worker 2018 course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course three additional times if the pass mark is not achieved.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING SYSTEM (ESTS) ELECTRICAL WORKER 2018 CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.