ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING SUITE COURSE LIST
ARC FLASH AWARENESS
This online course provides an introduction to the basics of arc flash hazard awareness. Topics covered in this course include:
- What an arc flash is
- What are the causes of an arc flash
- Factors that contribute to arc flash and its effects
- Arc flash and the worker, and
- Personal protection methods
ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING
This comprehensive online course was developed to ensure that the electrical worker is aware of the hazards associated with the use of electricity and understands how to avoid them. Topics covered in this course include:
- Energy flow and barriers
- Step and touch potential
- Electricity and the human body
- Electrical shock and arc flash hazards
- Safety training for the qualified electrical worker
- Personal protective equipment
- Safe work procedures, and
- Corded electrical equipment, extensions cords, ground fault circuit interrupters, and circuit protection devices
HAZARD IDENTIFICATION AND RISK ASSESSMENT
This comprehensive course provides information that can be used to ensure that a worker is aware of the hazards and risks associated with the task to be performed and how barriers can be applied to effectively reduce the risk of injury. Topics covered in this course include:
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Responsibilities and regulations
- Hazards associated with the use of electricity
- Initial risk estimation
- Parameters used in risk assessment
- Risk reduction strategies
- Risk evaluation, and
- Risk reduction verification
Purchase this online suite of electrical training courses today to ensure that your workers have the training, knowledge, and skills needed to develop a personal protection strategy when working in an environment influenced by the presence of electricity.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING SUITE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 4.25 Hours
ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING ONLINE TESTING:
Testing conducted throughout each of the three online courses in this suite is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat each course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Supplemental materials necessary to complete each course can be accessed online.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING SUITE ONLINE CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of each online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING SUITE ONLINE COURSE AUDIENCE:
These courses will benefit all individuals who may be required to work with or around electricity including electricians, electrical technicians and technologists, electrical engineers, HVAC technicians, plant operations personnel, Occupational Health and Safety professionals, and all personnel involved in performing electrical switching operations.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
All courses in the suite are also available for individual purchase.
- Electrical Safety Training
- Arc Flash Hazard Awareness
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment