ELECTRICAL SAFETY: KNOW YOUR GROUND COURSE OVERVIEW
The serious risks of electrical shock and injury are present in every workplace: hundreds of workers are killed every year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that roughly four percent of work-related deaths are caused by employees being electrocuted.
This course is designed to familiarize learners with the basics of electrical safety, including how to recognize and avoid electrical hazards.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe how electricity works
- Explain various electrical hazards and how you could become injured by electricity
- Distinguish between a Qualified and an Unqualified employee
- Identify common ways to prevent accidents and protect yourself from electrical hazards
- Recognize what to do in the event of an electrical emergency
ELECTRICAL SAFETY: KNOW YOUR GROUND COURSE TOPICS:
- Electricity Basics
- How Electricity Works
- Electrical Hazards
- Electrical Safety
- Employee Categories
- Accident Prevention
- Protect Yourself
ELECTRICAL SAFETY: KNOW YOUR GROUND COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 45 minutes
ELECTRICAL SAFETY: KNOW YOUR GROUND TESTING:
Testing conducted in this online Electrical Safety: Know Your Ground course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY: KNOW YOUR GROUND CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.