A truck that is unfit to drive may be easy to spot. A driver that is unfit to drive may be less apparent. It is vital that Commercial Vehicle Drivers pay attention to their well-being to ensure that poor driver health is not putting yourself or other motorists at risk.
This online Driver Wellness course is designed to cover some common health concerns for drivers as well as things they can do to improve their physical condition.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- Federal regulations regarding driver fitness
- Some of the common health hazards for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers
- How poor driver health may impact drivers and carriers
- What you can start doing right away to improve your health
- The benefits of healthy choices and activities
This online Driver Wellness course covers the following topics:
- Driver fitness and the DOT
- Physical qualification standards
- Occupational hazards
- Occupational factors
- Consequences to drivers
- Consequences to carriers
- Wellness programs
- What can you do?
- Refueling tips
- Getting adequate sleep
- Combating stress
Approximately 30 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.