In oder to help keep CMV drivers and everyone else on the road safe, the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) sets forth rules and regulations that all Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) drivers are required to follow. They include driver qualifications, revised Hours of Service regulations, log book documentation, requirements for inspections, and safety equipment needed on board a truck and some Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) issues.
This online DOT Driver Compliance course is designed to cover important U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) rules that all Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) drivers are required to follow.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- Documentation needed for a qualified driver
- Hours-of-Service regulations
- How to complete a daily log sheet
- What inspections are required
- Requirements for drug and alcohol testing
- HazMat compliance issues
- What a DOT auditor will look for during an inspection
- The CSA 2010 initiative
This online DOT Driver Compliance course covers the following topics:
- What vehicles are regulated by DOT?
- DOT compliance issues
- Driver qualifications
- Time definitions
- On-duty time
- Off- duty time
- Travel time
- Daily hours-of-service rules
- Weekly hours-of-service rules
- Sleeper berth
- Logging hours of service
- Driver fatigue
- Annual inspections
- Daily vehicle inspections
- Safety equipment
- Inspections – your responsibilities
- Drug / alcohol testing
- Hazmat issues
- DOT audits
- Frequent citations
- Compliance, safety, accountability (csa)
Approximately 30 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.