DEFENSIVE DRIVING FOR LIGHT & MEDIUM DUTY VEHICLES COURSE OVERVIEW
This course will teach the driver of Class 1-6 light or medium duty vehicles, about defensive driving preparation, hazard perception, and attitude — techniques that will help you stay safe on the roadways.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize and reduce risk before they step into the vehicle by using trip planning and by conducting a pre-trip vehicle inspection.
- Describe how to see and anticipate not only what is happening around them, but what might happen by being aware of their surroundings, perceiving what’s going on around them, and then managing their speed and space accordingly.
- Identify the dangers of distracted driving.
- Indicate how to modify their driving habits to safely drive in hazardous weather conditions.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FOR LIGHT & MEDIUM DUTY VEHICLES COURSE TOPICS:
- Defensive driving preparation
- Hazard perception
- Speed and space management
- The defensive driving attitude
- Other techniques that will help you stay safe on the roadways
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FOR LIGHT & MEDIUM DUTY VEHICLES COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 60 minutes
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FOR LIGHT & MEDIUM DUTY VEHICLES TESTING:
Testing conducted in this online Defensive Driving for Light & Medium Duty Vehicles course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FOR LIGHT & MEDIUM DUTY VEHICLES CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.