Most vehicle accidents are actually the result of human error. If an error is made at the wrong moment, an accident or collision will result. A consistent, defensive approach to driving is the best way to reduce the likelihood of driver error.
This online Defensive Driving for Large Vehicles course is designed to provide drivers of large vehicles with the knowledge and safe driving techniques they need to prevent collisions and violations.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- Characteristics of defensive drivers
- Major causes of traffic accidents
- What you can do to control your vehicle as you drive
- Actions to take to remain in control of yourself as you drive
This online Defensive Driving for Large Vehicles course covers the following topics:
- Defensive driver characteristics
- Causes of traffic accidents
- Maintaining control
- Right-of-way vvolations
- Driving left of center and passing
- Following too closely
- Backing procedures
- Distracted and drowsy rriving
- Collision prevention formula
- Spotting hazards
- Incident procedures & information
Approximately 60 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.