Defensive driving skills are impacted by a variety of factors. These are under a driver’s control. Pre-trip inspections is the first step because these inspections. This will ensure all systems are working properly in a vehicle. Functioning areas must be lights, brakes, and signals, among other things. Defensive driving refers to the driver being aware of other drivers and situations. They must pratice proper speed and space management. Developing the right attitude is also essential to defensive driving.
This online EYE ON Defensive Driving course is designed to familiarize CMV drivers with the basics . These defensive driving basics include: managing speed, space, and hazards; being seen, and having the right attitude.
After completing this course, learners should understand:
- Why the most important aspect of defensive driving is seeing and being seen
- The steps to take to help ensure safe driving
- Scanning the locations when driving
- How driver attitude plays a role in defensive driving
This online EYE ON Defensive Driving course covers the following topics:
- Seeing & being seen for the driver
- Developing a heightened awareness of your surroundings
- Managing speed & space while driving
- The importance of having the right attitude on the road
About 30 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved to pass this course. The course can be taken three times to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, learners can download a certificate of completion that is also available for printing.