CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), approximately 295,000 workers are exposed to crystalline silica, a common mineral whose dust can lead to serious medical issues if exposure is not limited.
This course is designed to educate workers on how to protect themselves from the dangers of crystalline silica dust. Specifically, it covers 29 CFR 1910.1053, OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Rule for General Industry.
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize workplace tasks that could result in exposure to crystalline silica.
- Identify health hazards caused by exposure to crystalline silica.
- Recall the various methods of communicating crystalline silica hazards: labels, safety data sheets and signs.
- Apply exposure control measures to protect themselves from the effects of crystalline silica dust.
- Explain the purpose of OSHA’s required medical surveillance program.
Crystalline Silica for General Industry Online covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Crystalline Silica
- What is Crystalline Silica?
- Occupational Exposure
- Health Hazards
- Hazard Communication
- Exposure Control
- Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
- Exposure Assessment
- Regulated Areas
- Methods of Compliance
- Respiratory Protection
- Written Exposure Control Plan
- Medical Surveillance
- What is the Purpose?
- Medical Report
- Medical Opinion
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 30 minutes
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY TEST:
Testing conducted in this online Crystalline Silica for General Industry course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.