CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), approximately two million construction workers are exposed to crystalline silica, a common mineral whose dust can lead to serious medical issues if exposure is not limited.
This course is designed to educate workers on how to protect themselves from the dangers of crystalline silica dust. Specifically, it covers 29 CFR 1926.1153, OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Rule for Construction.
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize workplace tasks that could result in exposure.
- Identify health hazards caused by exposure.
- Recall the various methods of communicating crystalline silica hazards: labels, safety data sheets, and signs.
- Apply exposure control measures to protect their workers from the effects of the dust.
- Discuss the role a competent person plays in crystalline silica exposure control.
- Explain the purpose of OSHA’s required medical surveillance program.
Crystalline Silica for Construction Employees Online covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Crystalline Silica
- What is Crystalline Silica?
- Occupational Exposure
- Health Hazards
- Hazard Communication
- Exposure Control
- Specific Exposure Control Method: Table 1
- Alternative Exposure Control Methods
- Exposure Assessment
- Methods of Compliance
- Respiratory Protection
- Written Exposure Control Plan
- Medical Surveillance
- What is the Purpose?
- Medical Report
- Medical Opinion
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 30 minutes
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES TEST:
Testing conducted in this online Crystalline Silica for Construction Employers course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.