CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYERS ONLINE COURSE DESCRIPTION
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), notes that approximately two million construction workers are exposed to crystalline silica. This a common mineral that is a hazardous product creates a respirable dust at the worksite. Without a proper program, exposure can lead to serious medical issues to workers. Employers need to set up a proper program at the Construction site as a result.
This course is designed to educate employers on how to protect workers from the dangers of crystalline silica dust. Regulations are covered such as 29 CFR 1926.1153, OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Rule for Construction.
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYERS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
After completing this course, employers will be able to:
- Recognize key workplace tasks that could result in exposure to Crystalline Silica dust.
- Identify health and safety hazards caused by exposure to the dust.
- Communicating crystalline silica hazards to workers using labels, safety data sheets, and signage.
- Use and application of exposure control measures to control the dust.
- Describe how a competent person plays a key role in crystalline silica exposure control.
- The purpose of OSHA’s medical surveillance program to track potential exposure.
Crystalline Silica for Construction Employers Online covers the following modules:
- Introduction to Crystalline Silica
- What is Crystalline Silica dust?
- Occupational Exposure Limits
- Health Hazards of breathing the dust
- Hazard Communication through Data Sheets, Signage and Hazard Assessments
- Exposure Control Methods
- Specific Exposure Control Method: See Table 1
- Alternative Exposure Control Methods if the general methods are not enough
- PEL (Permissable Exposure Limits)
- Exposure Assessment of the worker
- Methods of Compliance and deterrance
- Respiratory Protection Equipment
- Housekeeping at the worksite
- Written Exposure Control Plan to communicate to workers in the team
- Medical Surveillance Program
- What is the Purpose of a Medical Surveillance Program?
- Examinations of the worker and frequency
- Medical Report for the records
- Medical Opinion of the examiner
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYERS ONLINE COURSE TIME:
Approximately half an hour
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYERS EXAM:
Testing conducted in this online Crystalline Silica for Construction Employers course is designed to reinforce the knowledge presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved. Students are able to repeat the course twice to pass.
UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE STANDARDS THAT ALLOW PLAYBACK ON MOST INTERNET CAPABLE DEVICES:
This program allows playback with Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, and most smart phones and tablets This includes Android and Windows operating systems.
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.