CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA),crystalline silica affects approximately two million construction workers. This a common mineral whose dust can lead to serious medical issues if exposure is not limited and therefore, has been regulated.
This course educates workers on how to protect themselves from the dangers. Crystalline silica dust is a regulated hazardous material and is covered by 29 CFR 1926.1153, OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Rule for Construction. Workers in the Construction industry will benefit from taking this online course.
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES ONLINE COURSE MODULES:
After completing this course, workerss will be able to:
- Recognize Crystalline Silica workplace tasks that could result in respirable exposure.
- Identify health and safety hazards caused by exposure.
- Learn methods of communicating crystalline silica hazards: These include labels, safety data sheets, and signs.
- Apply various exposure control measures to protect themselves from the dust .
- Understand the role a competent person plays in exposure control.
- The purpose of OSHA’s required medical surveillance program and when they need to be examined.
Crystalline Silica for Construction Employees Online covers the following topics:
- Introduction to a program involving Crystalline Silica
- What is Crystalline Silica dust?
- Occupational Exposure Limits
- Health and Safety Hazards
- Hazard Communication though Data Sheets, Labels, and Signage
- Exposure Control Methods
- Specific Exposure Control Method: See OSHATable 1
- Alternative Exposure Control Methods to the regular program
- PEL (Permissable Exposure Limits)
- Exposure Assessment of the hazards
- Respiratory Protection Equipment (RPE)
- Methods of Compliance and Deterrance
- Housekeeping measures
- Written Exposure Control Plan and updates
- Medical Surveillance Program and frequency
- What is the Purpose of the program?
- Examinations of the workers
- Medical Reports undertaken
- Medical Opinion of the workers health
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES ONLINE DURATION:
Approximately half an hour
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES EXAMINATION:
Testing conducted throughout is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved with the ability to take the course twice in order to receive a certificate of completion. i
UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE ALLOWING PLAYBACK ON MOST INTERNET CAPABLE DEVICES WITH STANDARD WEB BROWSING CAPABILITIES:
This course allows the use of Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets. This includes Android and Windows operating systems.
CRYSTALLINE SILICA FOR CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.