CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING – CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES COURSE OVERVIEW
By their very nature, confined spaces restrict a worker’s ability to safely enter, exit, and work inside them for long periods of time.
Even more dangerous are permit-required confined spaces, which have one or more additional hazards: a potential hazardous atmosphere, material that could engulf a worker, an internal configuration that could trap or asphyxiate, or another serious safety or health hazard. These conditions can, and have, resulted in situations that injure or claim the lives of workers just like you.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the difference between a confined space and a permit-required confined space
- Identify the hazards in a permit-required confined space and the methods used to isolate, control, or in other ways protect employees
- Recognize the precautions that must be taken before a confined space is entered
- Explain the duties of each entry team member (authorized entrant, attendant, and entry supervisor)
- Discuss the measures taken to ensure a successful permit space rescue and non-entry rescue
CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING – CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES COURSE TOPICS:
- Confined Spaces
- Construction Work
- Competent Person
- Confined Space (defined)
- Permit-Required Confined Space (defined)
- Permit-Required Confined Space Hazards
- Atmospheric Hazards
- Engulfment Hazards
- Physical Hazards
- Other Safety Hazards
- Permit Space Entry Team
- Duties of the Authorized Entrant
- Duties of the Attendant
- Duties of the Entry Supervisor
- Rescue and Emergency Services
- Internal or External Rescue Team
- Employer Duties
- Rescue Employees
- Non-Entry Rescue
CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING – CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 45 minutes
CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING – CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES TESTING:
Testing conducted in this online Confined Spaces: Entry Team Training – Construction Activities course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING – CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.