CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING – CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES COURSE OVERVIEW
Confined spaces restrict a worker’s ability to safely enter, exit, and work inside them. They are not designed for human occupation and must be planned before entry.
Vastly more dangerous are permit-required confined spaces, which have one or more extra hazards: a potential hazardous atmosphere, material that could causeengulfment, an internal configuration that could asphyxiate or trap someone, or another serious safety or health hazard. These conditions can, and result in injury or claim the lives of workers.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Difference between a confined space and a permit-required confined space
- Hazards in a permit-required confined space. Methods used to isolate, control, or in other ways protect employees
- Precautions that must be taken before a confined space is entered
- Duties of each entry team member (authorized entrant, attendant, and entry supervisor)
- Measures taken to ensure a successful permit space rescue and non-entry rescue
CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING – CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES COURSE TOPICS:
- Confined Spaces Definition
- Construction Work in Confined Spaces
- Competent Person while working
- Confined Space (definition)
- Permit-Required Confined Space (defined)
- Permit-Required Confined Space Hazards
- Atmospheric Hazards
- Engulfment Hazards
- Rescue and Emergency Services
- Internal or External Rescue Team
- Employer Duties
- Rescue Employees
- Non-Entry Rescue
- Physical Hazards
- Other Safety Hazards
- Permit Space Entry Team
- Duties of the Authorized Entrant
- Duties of the Attendant
- Duties of the Entry Supervisor
CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING – CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES COURSE DURATION:
About 45 minutes
CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING – CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES TESTING:
Confined Spaces: Entry Team Training – Construction Activities course is designed to reinforce the information presented with testing throughout. A mark of 80% must be achieved to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice to pass.
CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING – CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
A certificate of completion will be available to download and print once passed with 80%.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback. This applies on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities. This includes Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets .Android and Windows operating systems are included.