CONFINED SPACES: DANGEROUS PLACES COURSE OVERVIEW
According to OSHA, about a million employees enter confined spaces every day. Confined spaces are dangerous places that have the potential to cause you very serious injury, or even death. Whatever the industry or type of space, permit-required confined spaces are extremely dangerous. Proper training is needed to ensure that entry into confined spaces is handled correctly.
This course is designed to help reduce learners’ risk of accidents when working in or near permit-required confined spaces.
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the difference between a confined space and a permit-required confined space
- Identify some of the specific hazards associated with working in permit-required confined spaces
- Explain the general duties and responsibilities of the authorized entrant, attendant, and entry supervisor
- Identify the role of the emergency rescue team.
CONFINED SPACES: DANGEROUS PLACES COURSE TOPICS:
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Confined Spaces
- Hazardous Atmosphere
- Engulfing Materials
- Converging Walls
- Other Safety Hazards
- The Written Program
- Permit-Required Confined Space Hazards
- Atmospheric Hazards
- Asphyxiating Atmospheres
- Toxic Atmospheres
- Flammable or Explosive Atmospheres
- Engulfing Hazards
- Physical Hazards
- The Permit-Required Confined Space Team & Rescue Operations
- Permit-Required Confined Space Entry Team
- Authorized Entrant
- Entry Supervisor
- Rescue Operations
CONFINED SPACES: DANGEROUS PLACES COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 45 minutes
CONFINED SPACES: DANGEROUS PLACES TESTING:
Testing conducted in this online Confined Spaces: Dangerous Places course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
CONFINED SPACES: DANGEROUS PLACES CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.