COMPRESSED GAS CYLINDERS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Compressed gas cylinders can be extremely dangerous if they are not handled with caution. Every year there are a number of incidents that occur due to the pressure compressed gas cylinder contents are under, causing serious injuries and in some cases, even death.
Compressed Gas Cylinders Online is designed to provide learners with the knowledge required to handle and use compressed gas cylinders in a safe manner
COMPRESSED GAS CYLINDERS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify different parts of a compressed gas cylinder and any attachments including labels, regulators, gauges, and valves
- Explain the different types of gases used in compressed gas cylinders.
- Recognize how to handle and use compressed gas cylinders safely, including inspection, transportation, storage, and maintenance.
- List special situations that require additional precautions when working with or near compressed gases.
Compressed Gas Cylinders Online covers the following topics:
- What is a Compressed Gas Cylinder
- Types of Gases
- Training Requirements
- Preparing to Use Compressed Gas
- Moving Cylinders
- Inspecting Cylinders & Equipment
- Use of Cylinders
- Storage of Cylinders
- Handling Leaks
- Managing Empty Cylinders
- Special Hot Work Precautions
- Using Oxygen
- Using Acetylene & Other Fuel Gases
- Using Cryogenic Liquid Gases
- Piping Compressed Gases
COMPRESSED GAS CYLINDERS ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 30 minutes
COMPRESSED GAS CYLINDERS TEST:
Testing conducted in this online Compressed Gas Cylinder course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
COMPRESSED GAS CYLINDERS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.