This Canadian version of the Overhead Electrical Utilities online course reviews proper grounding procedures; best practices for working safely on site; equipment you may work with or around when working on overhead electrical utilities, including cranes and bucket trucks; and pole-top and tower-top rescue;
Case studies have been included that will help illustrate the topics in the training.
This training encompasses the following laws and regulations, although you should familiarize yourself with specific jurisdictional requirements:
• CAN/CSA-B167-08 – Overhead traveling Cranes
• CAN/CSA-C22.2 – Safety Code for Material Hoists
• ASME/ANSI B30.1-29 – Cranes, Slings, Below the Hook Lifting Devices
• ASME/ANSI B30.2 – Overhead and Gantry Cranes
• ASME B30.11 – Monorails and Under-hung Cranes
• ASME B30.16 – Overhead Hoists
ISO 16715:2014 – Hand Signals use d with Cranes
• SME B30.17 Overhead and Gantry Cranes
- Safe Operations
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 240 minutes
Students will have 2 opportunities to complete the test with a pass mark of 80%.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
This training is not intended to certify the student as a competent climber or for rescuer training.
Intermittent practice quiz questions are throughout the course to prepare for the final written exam. It also includes a checklist for employers. They can use this checklist when administering a practical exam as required by OSHA.
Upon completion of this course, there will be a certificate available to download and print.