BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS: SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Bloodborne pathogens are bacteria and viruses that live in blood and other bodily fluids, (which include things like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, malaria, and a host of other pathogens including the Ebola* virus.) This course is designed to help learners keep themselves, their coworkers, their friends, and their family safe from exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Specifically, it will help learners understand the basics of bloodborne pathogens, how to protect themselves, and what to do in the event of an exposure, including the decontamination process.
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS: SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain what bloodborne pathogens are and how they are spread
- Identify the Universal Precautions.
- Identify preventive and control measures to take to help protect against exposure to harmful bloodborne pathogens.
- List the activities to avoid when biohazard materials are present to minimize the chance of spreading infection and exposing others.
- Discuss how to respond to emergencies involving bloodborne pathogens.
- Recognize what to do in the event that exposure to bloodborne pathogens occurs.
Bloodborne Pathogens: Safety In The Workplace Online covers the following topics:
- Bloodborne Pathogen Basics
- Introduction to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Transferring Pathogens
- Who is at Risk?
- Protect Yourself
- Emergency Number
- Preventive Measures
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Universal Precautions
- Control Measures
- Engineering and Work Practice Controls
- Waste Disposal and Laundry
- Signs, Labels, and Colors
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS: SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 45 minutes
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS: SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE TEST:
Testing conducted in this online Compressed Gas Cylinder course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS: SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.