BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
If your job duties include even occasional contact with blood or other infectious materials, you are at risk for contracting potentially deadly, incurable diseases. Take this course to learn what bloodborne pathogens are and how you can protect yourself from them.
Ideal learners include anyone who may be exposed to blood or other potentially infectious materials, including healthcare workers, custodians, maintenance staff, research personnel and construction workers.
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Know what bloodborne pathogens are
- Recognize symptoms and treatments for hepatitis B, hepatitis C and the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Identify how bloodborne pathogens are transmitted
- Remember to assume that all blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) are contaminated and handle them accordingly
- Recall safe handling procedures for blood and OPIM
- Recall emergency procedures for blood or OPIM exposure
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 30 minutes
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE TEST:
Testing conducted in this online Bloodborne Pathogens Online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course three additional times if the pass mark is not achieved.
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.