BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This course helps employers to provide a safe and healthy work environment for their employees and minimize the possibility of employee exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
This course covers:
- Characteristics of HIV, HBV, and HCV and the diseases they cause
- Elements of an exposure control plan
- How to prevent direct contact with or infection from blood, body fluids, or other potentially infectious materials
- How to handle exposure incidents
- Signs, labels, and color-coding used to warn of biohazards and bloodborne pathogens
- Basic requirements of a Sharps Injury Log, exposure and medical records, and retention and access to these records
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Bloodborne Pathogen program
- Workplace exposure
- Emergency response
- Sharp Injury log and medical records
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 45 minutes
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE TEST:
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented.
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.