BEAR AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online course provides information that will prepare you to handle confrontational situations that you may encounter. Without preplanning, danger of an attack is present when working, hunting, camping, or travelling in bear country. In addition to teaching you about the general characteristics and habits of bears, you will learn how to recognize and react to both defensive and non-defensive attacks to ensure you make it home unharmed.
BEAR AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Differences between grizzly and black bears
- General characteristics of both species
- Bear behaviour and body language of the animals
- Signs of agitation and stress
- Distribution of bear populations in North America
- Breeding seasons
- Hibernation of bears
- Food sources – Natural and Garbage conditioned
- Working, Hunting, camping, and travelling safely
- How to safely store food in a campsite
- Avoiding a bear encounter using different tactics
- Recognizing defensive and non-defensive attacks and reactions
- When to play dead
- Using, storage and handling bear spray
- Bear bangers as a deterrant
BEAR AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately One hour
BEAR AWARENESS ASSESSMENT:
An 80% mark must be achieved in order to receive a certificate. Students are able to repeat the course twice if they dont pass the first time. Testing is designed to reinforce the information presented throughout this online course.
BEAR AWARENESS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Once passed, a certificate of completion will be available to print.
UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID AND WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS.
Playback can be used with most Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most smart phones and tablets