BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING COURSE OVERVIEW
Back Roads and Trail Driving Online Safety course covers howto help you become a better and safer driver. It provides you with the knowledge required to drive on back roads, and trails.In addition it notes other surfaces that are not paved, whether it be for your work or for leisure.
In this Back Roads and Trail Driving course, the following topics are covered:
- Safety procedures and list safety equipment for back road and trail driving.
- Learn a variety of driving techniques for avoiding obstacles and collisions with other road users on back roads. Driving techniques and precautions for hitching and pulling a trailer.
- Driving techniques and precautions for driving on unpaved surfaces, such as dirt or gravel roads and trails, and road shoulders.
- Driving techniques and precautions for driving in mud, snow, water, and sand.
Once you have completed this module, you will take the final test. You must achieve at least 80% to receive a certificate of completion.
BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING COURSE TOPICS
- Back road tips
- Four-wheel drive vehicles
- Backing up safely
- Navigating unfamiliar terrain
- Using a trailer
- SUVs vs. trucks
- Driving on unpaved surfaces (e.g., gravel and dirt, snow and ice, road shoulders, sand, mud, water, and hills)
- Emergency kit
BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
About 45 Minutes
BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING:
Testing conducted throughout this online Back Roads and Trail Driving course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course two times if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt. Print materials for this course can be accessed online.
BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print. The certificate is valid for three years from the date of completion.