The lesson will teach you about the purpose, operation and various types of autoclaves, as well as the procedures and precautions for safely operating, maintaining and inspecting autoclaves.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of how to:
- Identify the purpose of an autoclave, how it works, and the types of autoclaves.
- Recognize the physical and biological hazards, as well as the types of injuries, associated with using an autoclave, and the ways to prevent them and treat any injuries that may occur as a result of working with an autoclave.
- Identify the proper safety precautions to take when using an autoclave, such as wearing the appropriate PPE, inspecting and maintaining the autoclave, and conducting regular performance testing.
- Indicate how to safely use an autoclave, including how to properly prepare, package, load, and unload materials.
29 CFR 1910 Subpart I – Personal Protective Equipment – 1910.132 General requirements.
- Introduction to Autoclaves
- Autoclave Hazards
- Safety Precautions
- Safe Use of Autoclaves
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 20 minutes
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.