This online ATV/UTV Safety course is designed to equip you for the safe operation of ATVs and UTVs, It presents both common and hazardous situations.
Off-highway vehicles (OHVs) like ATVs and UTVs are fun recreational vehicles as well as useful work tools to use in the bush. Operators can underestimate their potential for hazards since they are used to having them for recreational purposes. ATVs and UTVs have a unique design and specific operating requirements that can make it a deadly ride if proper procedures are not utilized.
This OHV course Uses live action demonstrations, animated diagrams, and interactive activities, to illustrate how to effectively operate these machines. The program covers hazards common to OHV operation, controls, components, and best operating practices.
- Components of ATV and UTV
- OHV operation hazards that are common and control measures
- Incident reporting
- Inspections -Pre-ride and post-ride
- Start-up procedures
- Drive system testing
- ATV and UTV operation Best Practicces
- Driving on slippery surfaces, hills, soft ground, sand, and other challenges
- Responsibilities of operators
- Loading and winching measures
- Loading and securing for transporting machines
- Annual maintenance procedures and storage
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 90 minutes online
PASS MARK. Testing is conducted through the program to reinforce learning. A mark of 80% must be achieved to pass with several opportunities to pass the quiz.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
The recommended recertification for this course is every 3 years. A certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
Most internet capable devices can be used for this program with standard web browsing capabilities. This may include Android and Windows operating systems and ipads.