The purpose of this lesson is to increase awareness of asbestos hazards to help minimize employee exposure and risk of acquiring an asbestos-related disease, which therefore contributes to employee workplace safety. Completion of this lesson alone does not meet the intent of applicable regulations nor qualify a worker to collect samples or perform abatement activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of:
- What Asbestos is.
- How and where Asbestos may present itself in the workplace.
- What effects Asbestos may have on your health.
- Ways to protect yourself against exposure while at a worksite.
- Responding to exposure to Asbestos.
- What Is Asbestos
- Asbestos Exposure Risks
- Health Effects of Asbestos Exposure
- Protecting Yourself from Exposure
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 20 minutes
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.