ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Asbestos is a known human carcinogen. Exposure to it can cause very serious health conditions that can lead to disability and, in some cases, death. Therefore, it is extremely important to monitor and reduce workers’ exposure to asbestos.
This course is designed to help learners understand the basics of asbestos and how to minimize exposure and keep themselves safe.
ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe what asbestos is, how they can become exposed, and the potential results of asbestos exposure.
- Identify ways to help minimize exposure to asbestos .
- Explain additional requirements for when they are exposed to asbestos in the workplace.
Asbestos Awareness Training covers the following topics:
- What is Asbestos?
- Exposure Routes
- Smoking & Asbestos
- Health Effects of Asbestos Exposure
- Measuring Asbestos
- Monitoring Asbestos
- Hazard Communication
- Protective Clothing & Equipment
- Engineering & Work Practice Controls
- Training Requirements
- Medical Exam Requirements
- Record keeping Requirements
- Written Compliance Program
- Job-Specific Requirements
ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 30 minutes
ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING TEST:
Testing conducted in this online Asbestos Awareness course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.